|2 oz butter||4 potatoes|
|2 leeks or onions||½ medium head white cabbage|
|4 medium sized carrots||1 tsp salt to taste|
|3 turnips||4l water|
To serve: Croutons, fresh herbs
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Slice them into small pieces.
- Melt the butter into a large soup pot. Add the vegetables and salt and stir a few times. Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the water and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and allow the soup to cook slowly for about 30-40 min, stirring from time to time.
- When the soup is done, blend all of it until it becomes creamy and even.
- Serve hot, adding some croutons to each bowl and sprinkling parsley or similar herb on top.