- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 450g carrot , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- finger-length of fresh root ginger, grated
- juice 1 orange
- 1l vegetable stock
- 200ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 410g/14oz can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently cook the onions and carrots for 15 mins until soft and golden.
- Add garam masala and ginger, then cook for 1 min more.
- Add the orange juice and stock, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins until the carrots are tender, then stir in the coconut milk.
- Using a stick blender, purée until smooth, then add the beans.
- Bring to a simmer, scatter over coriander and serve